Friday, October 23, 2009

to answer your question

If I were to say why, half of the world, and very likely you, would be highly offended. I just don't care for or subscribe to any of that, and I'll probably always be a disappointment to you because I don't ever plan to. Indeed, my present self would be ashamed of my future self if I ever were to.
Yet what would my future self know? People aren't the type that, in the moment, consider their actions or ideas to be silly or foolish or needing to be checked; that is why so much silly, foolish, and unchecked things or notions get done or inspired.
Granted, there is much silly- and foolishness that I partake in: like eating crackers and cheese right before bed, spilling milk in the car, or spending an entire week of evenings reading my Austen and Bronte classics instead of attending to the negelcted kitchen or cluttered rooms.
But there are just some types of foolishness I hope to always avoid, and if there are steps I can take to make that hope more certain, then I definitely will take them two at a time.


In other news, I have little regard for my bosses. Luckily the people I work with are respectable.

and, three of my beautiful nails broke today. but the fact that I had them is applaudable. Seven out of ten doesn't look too tacky.

5 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

No chafing. I was so worried about it, but it was fine.

What are spankies?

heidi said...

ooh the dreaded bosses. i'm so sorry for you.

Jake said...

I thought you like your job and respected your bosses (didn't you post once that you worked for good men?) Was that your internship? I am lost! Oh and tell mike that I would crush him any day in football and gladly invite him to pick anytime and any place....Norte Dame hmph! please!

shirley elizabeth said...

Yeah sorry Jake, new job.

Mike has been told. He probably picks here over the holidays, since you'll be in the same state and all.

Stephanie said...

working for a poopy boss is no fun at all.....glad who you work WITH s fun.

btw, admire you for your running!